Moves are one of the main features of Bubble Witch 2 Saga. A move consists of shooting a bubble anywhere on the board. Doing this will decrease the total number of moves remaining by one (which is shown on the bubble shooter). The total remaining moves will decrease by one for every move the player makes. Every level has a different number of moves available to achieve the level objective. The moves can range from 1 move to more than 70.
After the level objective has been achieved Bubble Rain will be activated, the remaining moves will shoot out of the bubble shooter and into one of the five cauldrons under it, this will add more points to the player's total score. If the player runs out of moves without completing the level objective they will fail the level and lose one life.
About bubble shooting moves
A successful move is when the player:
- Matches at least three bubbles of the same color together.
- Hits a special bubble
- Uses a booster bubble
Spiders will be added to the board when the player does this. If the player does six successful moves in a row, Hot Pot will activate.
An unsuccessful move is when the player:
- Misses their shot, such as hitting a Blocker Bubble, not matching three bubbles of the same color together, hitting a Cursed Bubble, or shooting into a Black Hole. Two spiders are removed from the board every time the player misses and a missed move will deactivate a Hot Pot.
The player can gain additional moves by:
- Hitting a bubble mill. A bubble mill will add 3 moves to the bubble shooter when the player hits it. It is a power-up bubble and is only available on certain levels with bubble mills.
- Activating the Extra Bubbles booster before starting the level. The player receives 3 of these for free. This can be bought by using the in-game currency; gold bars.
- Activating the Fairy Potion booster before starting the level. The Fairy Potion contains 3 types of Special Bubbles, Line Blast Bubble, Zen Bubble, Bubble Mill, offering the player a chance at more moves.
If the player runs out of moves before completing the level objective, they may be offered a chance to buy extra moves and booster bubbles.